Monday, February 6, 2012

detox - day 21

Today I woke up at 8:30am. I went upstairs and took the systemic enzymes and drank 4 ounces of spirulina. Then I helped Andrew prepare a green juice (spinach, parsley, tangerine, ginger & lemon).

I quickly showered, ate some raw cereal with almond milk, packed up my drinks for the day and headed out the door to volunteer at the SAM Competition.

After I was finished at the competition, I ran a few errands. Then I headed to the juice bar for a shot of wheatgrass, ginger and 2 shots of watermelon.

I then headed to my office downtown for a make-up chamber music coaching and a few hours of teaching during which I sipped my 16 ounce green juice.

When I got home I was quite hungry, so I ate some of the dip I had prepared the day before smeared on some romaine lettuce leaves. Then I made a fresh batch of almond milk.

Since I had the evening off, I decided to try dying my hair again (to cover the gray) with the rest of my CACA BRUN MAMA henna. This time I was better prepared, having received some tips from friends and watching some helpful videos online. If you decide to use this LUSH product, I definitely suggest using a grater to grate the block. Earlier in the day I had picked up a cape and a terry cloth hair turben, which definitely made the process much easier.  I also added fresh squeezed lemon juice to my henna batter before applying - I let the dye set on my hair for 6 hours.  And before applying the henna, I rubbed coconut cream around my hairline - it worked like a charm!

After I finished applying the henna to my hair, I sipped the kamut water while Andrew and I watched the latest episode of Downton Abbey. 

Shortly after I was hungry again, so I ate a few olives and made a mini batch of guacamole (avocado, cilantro, serrano, lemon & sea salt) which I ate with raw sweet potato chips.

A bit later, Andrew and I split a Hail Merry chocolate mint and lemon tart. Then I drank the oxykare water.

In terms of symptoms, I still had a soreness in my throat for which I took another dropper full of the oil of oregano. I also felt dehydrated and quite chilly at times. And today I finally had a BM.

Just before bed, I washed the dye out of my hair and downed the systemic enzymes. Hair report coming tomorrow...

"While most people would consider a vegan lifestyle too extreme, adopting a more thoughtful approach to what goes onto your plate can be a giant step toward a healthier diet."

~Suzanne Havala Hobbs

No comments:

Post a Comment