Thursday, February 9, 2012

detox - day 22


Today I woke up at 9:00am. I headed upstairs and ate a clementine. Then I went to my step aerobics class. Since I had not been to class for a week and a half, I had expected it to be more challenging, but this did not prove to be the case. In fact, this was the first class I went to in years that I did not feel the need to use my inhaler! Who says miracles are not possible?

After I got back from the gym I took the systemic enzymes and drank 4 ounces of spirulina. Then I ate raw cereal with almond milk for breakfast.

Several hours later I was hungry, so I ate a tablespoons of raw cashew butter and a few green olives.

Just before I left for my German class, I made a green meal shake. I drank half on the way to class and the other half I drank after class. During class I sipped the oxykare water.

When I got home I was pretty hungry, so I had a few romaine lettuce leaves with my leftover dip (cashew, macadamia, cilantro, lemon, jalapeno & salt). Then I made a fresh batch of guacomole (avocado, tomato, cilantro, jalapeno, lime & sea salt). I ate this with some raw kale chips.

Just before bed I took the systemic enzymes and read the last chapter in "SOAK YOUR NUTS" for inspiration to make it through the last week of my detox.

In terms of symptoms my sore seemed to be diminishing, but I felt quite chilly. My BM was semi-normal.

Today I also experienced some major food cravings. I think my body was craving carbs like rice and pasta. I know I have enough will power not to give into the cravings, but they are not making the last leg of my detox journey easy.

I wanted to report on my henna results. The dye did highlight my grays to a reddish tint, although there were a few hairs around my hairline which did not get covered. I am wondering if the coconut oil prevented this. Next time I dye my hair I will not use the oil on my hairline and see if this solves the problem. Thanks to everyone for your helpful tips!

While doing some music research this evening, I was reminded of this wonderful quote:


“Each second we live is a new and unique moment of the universe, a moment that will never be again And what do we teach our children? We teach them that two and two make four, and that Paris is the capital of France. When will we also teach them what they are? We should say to each of them: Do you know what you are? You are a marvel. You are unique. In all the years that have passed, there has never been another child like you. Your legs, your arms, your clever fingers, the way you move. You may become a Shakespeare, a Michaelangelo, a Beethoven. You have the capacity for anything. Yes, you are a marvel. And when you grow up, can you then harm another who is, like you, a marvel? You must work, we must all work, to make the world worthy of its children.”

~Pablo Casals



No comments:

Post a Comment