Sunday, February 12, 2012

detox - day 26

Today I woke up at 8:00am because I had an early morning of teaching. I headed upstairs and took the systemic enzymes, chlorella tablets (I had forgotten to add these back into my regime this week until today) and a dropper full of oil of oregano. Then I made a green meal shake, which I drank while teaching.

After teaching, I headed downtown to teach a bit more. I then headed to my facial at Karyn's Inner Beauty. Before my appointment I headed to Karyn's Fresh Corner and picked up a few grocery items, including some Red Star Nutritional Yeast. I also ordered a shot of wheatgrass.

So this was my first facial and myopulse treatment and I don't think my skin has ever felt this clean! It is too soon to say if I notice any results, but I am hoping for clearer skin.

After my appointment, I downed my harmless harvest coconut water and headed to my first yoga class in 5 years - today was becoming a day of firsts! It was a tough class, but felt so good. I am planning on attending at least 1 yoga class a week from now on.

On my way home from class, I downed my 14 ounce green juice that I made the day before. Once I got home I ate 4 crimini mushrooms with my basil pesto (these I made a few days ago). I also made a fresh batch of almond milk.

An hour later I made 2 raw tacos with fresh guacamole (avocado, tomato, cilantro, serrano, lime & a pinch of sea salt). I also added the filling I had made a few nights back and along with some more of my raw peanut butter and some nutritional yeast. I topped my tacos off with some alfalfa sprouts. I know this is a repeat meal, but it is super yummy!

Up to this point in the day I had not really had any symptoms, as my congestion in my chest had totally cleared up. My BM was a bit constipated, but other than that I felt pretty good.

Until...a half hour after I ate my tacos, then rhea came a visiting - I had been glutened! Earlier in the day I had bought some nutrional yeast knowing that it was made in a factory that also processed wheat products.  I took my chances and unfortunately I paid the price - 
cross contamination is a bitch!  I will have now have to order KAL YEAST online, as none of the local health foods stores I've gone to carry this brand. Bummer, but I am used to having to order many of my g-free products online.

I started feeling a bit better an hour later, so I took my second dose of chlorella tablets and the ultra flora capsules. Then I started sipping the kamut water.

Once I finished my kamut water, I ate a Hail Merry's Meyer Lemon Miracle Tart. Then I started sipping on some oxykare water as I caught with my blog.

Just before bed I drank 4 ounces of spirulina and took the systemic enzymes.

I am a finalist in the Hail Merry Photo Contest. If you have a chance, please click on this link and like my photo. It's going to be a close race between my photo and "Superbowl Tart."  Wish me luck!

"You've got to get to the stage in life where going for it is more important than winning or losing."

~Arthur Ashe

No comments:

Post a Comment