Monday, February 6, 2012

detox - day 20


Today I had the morning off from coaching chamber music, so I slept in until 9:30am. Unfortunately I woke up with itchy legs, which may be a sign of dehydration and/or a symptom of the detox. Either way, I chugged some water. Afterward, I put a LUSH Charcoal Mask on my face - unfortunately I don't think they carry this product any more.

Then I came upstairs, took the systemic enzymes and drank 3 ounces of spirulina.  This morning I
 started developing a tightness in my throat and sinus drainage, perhaps as a result of my lymphatic appointment this past Thursday,  I'm assuming this is normal and means clogged stuff is moving out of my system, which is a good, but still an annoying detox symptom. Just to be on the safe side, I took a dropper full of the oil of oregano, which made me feel a bit better several hours later.

Andrew and I decided to juice this morning, so we (to be honest, Andrew did most of the work) made our usual Green Waldorf (kale, green apple,celery, ginger & lemon).

For breakfast, I ate some raw cereal with almond milk. Then I packed a Harmless Harvest coconut water and my 16 ounce green juice in my lunch cooler and headed out the door to teach.

While teaching I sipped some coconut water and about 3 hours later I drank my green juice. After I was finished, Andrew picked me up from downtown and we headed to Whole Foods for a few groceries.

When I came home I started marinating a portobello mushroom (in balsamic vinegar and olive oil) and ate a tablespoon of raw cashew butter. 

Then I grabbed my kamut water and headed down to my studio to teach one more student.

After teaching I caught up with a bunch of emails, worked on my German homework and then ate the portobello mushroom with my energy soup - the mushroom definitely made the soup much more tolerable for me to eat. Once I finished the soup, I ate a Hail Merry Macaroon to cleanse my palette.

Andrew and I then went over to a friend's house. Because I knew they were going to be eating pizza, I came prepared with my own food: a homemade dip (cashew, macadamia, cilantro, lemon, jalapeno & salt), romaine lettuce leaves and a Hail Merry Chocolate Almond Butter Tart, which I split with my friends. Words cannot describe how sinfully fantabulous this tart was! It has now become Andrew's and my new favorite treat!


In terms of symptoms, I still felt quite dehydrated and chilly.  I also had a brief time of feeling very irritable earlier in the evening; I never had a BM.

When we came home (which was very late), I drank the oxykare water and took the systemic enzymes before collapsing into bed.


“Better keep yourself clean and bright. You are the window through which you must see the world.”

~George Bernard Shaw


No comments:

Post a Comment