Wednesday, January 25, 2012

detox - day 6

Today I woke up at 8:30am. I went upstairs and took my supplements and ate raw cereal with almond milk for breakfast. My only symptom after taking my supplements was a slight runny nose, which did not last very long. And that fuzzy feeling I had had in my head the day before was gone. My BM was still a bit constipated, but that is to be expected with this detox.

Before heading downtown to coach, I made my green meal shake to go and put it in one of my Lifefactory containers.  After coaching chamber music for CYSO for a few hours, I drank my shake. Then I had another 5 hours of teaching ahead of me, during which I sipped coconut water and drank the juice Andrew and I made together the night before (beet, kale, carrot, celery, ginger & lemon). After I finished teaching, I started sipping my kamut water.


Andrew the Juice Meister!
Since we had family in town, we decided to go to Karyn's Cooked for dinner, as per Andrew's suggestion. Dinner was fantastic and our family members really like the vegan menu! We feasted on guacamole and chips and then I ordered green enchiladas with spanish rice and refried beans. It was a very filling and satisfying meal.  Unfortunately this day ended up not being 100% raw again, but I did the best I could with family in town.

After dinner I realized my cycle had come - it was 4 days early, most likely due to the detox. This explained why I had felt more hungry and a bit irritable the last few days. 

When we got home, I took my supplements. Then we sat down with the family to watch a few episodes from the Planet Earth series. As I was sitting there I noticed the air felt different. I had totally forgotten that Four Seasons had come and cleaned our our vents earlier that afternoon. Andrew reminded me of this a bit later, which made me realize why the air seemed more pure. Before getting into bed I often sneeze several times in a row, but that did not happen this evening. This alone proved to me the duct cleaning was worth the extra expense this month!

After making sure everyone was comfortable, I drank my psyllium-detox clay cocktail and headed for bed.


"Walking through the house at night is wonderful to me; a symphony of breath, each person a separate instrument as they collectively breathe in time to the metronome of life itself."


 ~Edwin Leap


No comments:

Post a Comment