Wednesday, January 25, 2012

detox - day 5

My apologies for the delay on my detox posts. I had a long weekend of teaching in addition to hosting family in from out of town. I did manage to take notes so that I could be as accurate as possible with each day of my detox.

I woke up around 9am, ate a clementine and headed to my DM class. After class I ate one of my Chia Moon Drops and then headed to Karyn's Fresh Corner to get a shot of wheatgrass and schedule my colonics for the second week of my detox. Then I went to Whole Foods to pick up some fruits and vegetables before heading home.

It was on this day that our snowstorm began (I think we ended up with approximately 4 inches of snow). Because it was so beautiful, I couldn't resist snapping a few shots. The photo on the left was taken a few blocks from our home and the one on the right was taken coming up to our block (our condo building is the one on the right).



When I finally made it home, I took my supplements and made my green meal shake (this was about 4 hours after I had made eaten my clementine).

Since today was the fifth day of my juice fast, I decided it would be nice to list 5 things I feel grateful for:

1. My supportive husband, Andrew.
2. My many wake up calls, which have led me to this path of transformation and healing.
3. A beautiful home environment, where I feel inspired and creative.
4. The fact that my schedule is lighter this month, so that I can really focus on this detox.
5. The hope I feel for a bright future ahead.

After taking my supplements, I had a slight runny nose, felt very cold and my BM was a bit constipated. I did not have a headache, but felt a bit fuzzy in the head.

Because of the snowstorm, Andrew got to come home early from work! As a result, we worked together as a team in the kitchen juicing (kale, celery, apple, ginger & lemon) and preparing food for our family that was coming in from St. Louis.

About 2 hours after eating my green meal shake I was hungry, so I had a small bowl of raw cereal and fresh almond milk.

I had planned to have another raw day, but with family in town I felt I could not prepare a totally raw meal - I would not expect our guests to eat raw on top of already having to eat g-free and vegan in our home (especially when this is a foreign diet to them)!

Approximately 3 hours after eating my cereal, we had some homemade mushroom chestnut soup. As an appetizer I had prepared a raw curry dip (soaked cashews, jalapeno, honey, cumin, turmeric) which we ate with rice crackers. About an hour later, I made a strawberry sorbet in our vita-mix - it was a huge hit!

Later after eating, I took my second dose of supplements. And a few hours after that, I downed my psyllium-detox clay cocktail and headed for bed.

I'm thankful for a pair of shoes that feel really good on my feet; I like my shoes.
I'm thankful for the birds; I feel like they're singing just for me when I get up in the morning... Saying, 'Good morning, John. You made it, John.'
I'm thankful for the sea breeze that feels so good right now, and the scent of jasmine when the sun starts going down.
I'm thankful...
~Johnny Cash

No comments:

Post a Comment