Thursday, January 19, 2012

detox - day 3



Unfortunately I did not sleep as well as I had the night before, probably because I stayed up too late. I will try to be in bed by midnight tonight!

So I woke up at 9:30am, dressed, ate a clementine and then headed to the gym for my step aerobics class. I brought 2 huge bags of recipe and other health related books to the gym - books that I no longer have any use for now that I have gone vegan. It felt good to purge my bookshelves and to give these books to friends who could use them - and every book found a home.

After my workout, I came home and followed my new routine of taking my supplements and making my green meal shake. Again, about an hour later, I had a slight runny nose and felt very cold - I had to put on a sweater and kick up the heat a bit. BM was normal.

About 3 and 1/2 hours later I was hungry and so I ate 3 tablespoons of peanut butter before dashing off to teach. I sipped my kamut water while teaching and when I was done (about 5 hours later) I had some quinoa and pesto pasta - yes another repeat, but I did not have much time to get creative.  After dinner I took my second dose of supplements.

An hour later Andrew and I decided to catch up on a few episodes of Deadwood and to have some dessert. So we devoured Karyn's Strawberry Dream Cream with some fresh blueberries on top. It's my favorite vegan icecream! If you live in Chicago, you can pick it up from Karyn's Fresh Corner.

Just before bed I downed my psyllium-detox clay cocktail. Needless to say, I did not make it to bed by midnight. Maybe tomorrow...


“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.”

 ~ Leo Tolstoy


No comments:

Post a Comment