Tuesday, January 17, 2012

detox - day 2

I was planning on waking up today at 8:30am, but did not end up dragging myself out of bed until 10:00am. I am lucky that today's schedule afforded me the extra sleep - surreal dreams and all. So I scored approximately 10 hours of sleep.

After getting out of bed, I went upstairs and took my supplements (listed in day 1 post) and made my green meal shake. One tip I wanted to share was on how to store the bananas in the freezer. Most people suggest peeling the bananas and then putting them in a Ziploc bag. When possible, I try to keep my food from ever coming into contact with plastic. I know that Ziploc claims their bags are BPA free and studies show their plastics are "non-hazardous," but as consumers, we don't know who conducted these studies and for what periods of time. Perhaps in the short term there are no effects, but long term who knows?  
So I choose to play it safe and use glass containers for everything. Anchor Hocking makes glass containers that can be stored in the freezer and that is what I use for my bananas. Plus it's a bonus that glass is an eco friendly product and produces less waste. 

About an hour after taking my supplements and drinking my shake, I started getting a bit of a runny nose again. The chills and stomach cramps were less intense this time and did not last very long. My morning BM was also closer to normal today, too.

It's been approximately 3 hours and I am hungry - Karyn says it's important to listen to your body's signals and to eat only when you are truly hungry. So I am going to eat some raw sprouted cereal with my homemade almond milk before I leave to go teach at CAA. I will be packing my kamut water, and a few clementines to eat while I'm at the academy. Now it's time to hop in the shower and wash my BB SEAWEED mask off my face.

After teaching at the academy I headed to Karyn's Fresh Corner to pick up a few specialty items and then to Whole Foods to pick up some groceries. About 4 hours after having eaten my cereal, I was hungry again, so I grabbed some maki rolls (avocado, cucumber, carrot, seaweed, brown rice and sesame seeds) from Whole Foods.

When I got home I finished off a few organization projects I had begun, but never got around to finishing. I was pleasantly surprised with how much energy I had, especially with it being the second day of my detox!

About 3 hours later I had worked up and appetite from my cleaning frenzy, so I cooked some quinoa pasta and added my basil pesto that I made the day before. This was my last meal of the day.

Two hours later, it was time for my psyllium-detox clay cocktail and then bed.

“The road to health is the one that begins with an understanding and commitment to cleanse and detoxify the body, to restore balance, peace and harmony.”

~Dr. Bernard Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment