Sunday, April 28, 2013

reflections



It's now been a month since I finished the seven day water only fast and I feel fantastic!  The first few days after eating again were a bit strange - I felt like I was seeing things through the eyes of a different person (perhaps my inner child)? It was a wonderful shift and made me appreciate fasting that much more.

It took a little under a week for my digestion to get back to normal and then it was much better than before.  I found myself craving carbs quite a bit the first week of eating food again, but that wore off by the second week. As most of you would assume, I did put back on a few pounds after I started eating - about 5 pounds - however my body fat percentage remained much lower.  So all in all I lost 5 pounds and about 3% body fat.

Overall I feel lighter, as if I've shed some dead layer of skin that was bogging me down.  My thoughts are much clearer and I feel much more calm, almost zen-like.  This sense of peace and awareness was exactly what I was searching for when I began my seven day journey.


“Everyone can perform magic, everyone can reach his goals, if he is able to think, if he is able to wait, if he is able to fast.” 

~ Hermann Hesse





No comments:

Post a Comment