Thursday, March 21, 2013

fast day 5



Last night my sleep was more restless, but I did not have to get up in the middle of the night.  I have definitely noticed that I am having more vivid dreams on this fast.  Maybe I'm working through some past conflicts as I sleep.  One can only hope, right?

So I rolled out of bed at 8:45am, as I had to teach downtown this morning.  I drank some water, put a mask on my face and then showered. Then I packed up all of my things for the day, including a lot of water and headed out the door.

After teaching at my studio downtown, I headed to CAA.  Since I was there an hour before my class began, I caught up with some computer work.  Then I taught my theory class, had another break in which I did some prep work for my classes next week and then coached one of my chamber music groups.

Once I was finished at the academy, I rushed home to teach for a few more hours.  After I finished teaching, I did a bit more computer work and then headed to bed to read.  My bedtime tonight was 11pm!

So far today was the easiest day of the fast.  I know it may seem hard to believe, but it's true.  I hardly had any hunger pangs and still had a crazy amount of energy and mental alertness.  I felt a bit chilly in the evening, but other than that I felt much better than I could have imagined.  One thing I forgot to mention is that around day two Andrew said my breath did not smell that great (a typical side effect of fasting).  Today was my last day driving until the fast is over, as I want to make sure that I play it safe.  Since yesterday, I lost another 2lbs and 00.4% body fat.

Having made it through today, I feel very confident that I will make it through to the end of the fast.  I am still waiting for a spiritual breakthrough, but I definitely feel that my thoughts are more clear and I am able to focus my mind much better than before.


"When we fast, energy is freed for a thorough housecleaning of the system. The body becomes lighter, more flexible; the mind becomes clearer and more creative. Greater intuitive powers may develop and deep spiritual insights may be experienced after a period of time. A feeling of well-being arises when the energy is freed in this way -- problems suddenly become solutions and ideas flow from nowhere."

~ Kripalu Center for Holistic Health, from their book The Self-Health Guide






No comments:

Post a Comment