Friday, February 17, 2012

detox - day 28


This morning I woke up at 9:30am. I headed upstairs and took the systemic enzymes, chlorella tablets and made a 2 ounce shot of wheatgrass. Then I blended a green meal shake to take with me downtown.

Andrew woke up earlier than me and made me another green juice (kale, celery, green apple, ginger & lemon). What can I say, he's my special guy!

For breakfast I had my usual raw cereal with a fresh batch of sesame milk. Then I headed downtown to coach chamber music.

In my first break, I drank my 16 ounce green juice. Then I started teaching again. A few hours later I drank my green meal shake.

While in the Fine Arts Building (where my office is located), I ran into a male colleague friend who I had not seen for at least a month. The first thing he said to me was "you look good!"  I was pleasantly surprised by his out of the blue comment, but it was very reaffirming.  And I will say that I have noticed my complexion has started to improve and that my my face seems less puffy. Perhaps it's a combination of the detox and the facial/myopulse treatment I had done. Either way, I am happy for the results!

When I was finished teaching, I started to drink the kamut water while doing a bit of cello practice. Then I headed home.

Once I got home, I took the chlorella tablets and ultra flora capsules. I also drank 4 ounces of spirulina. Then I finished off my pesto by smearing it on a few romaine lettuce leaves.

Next I was on to my main course...raw vegan tacos! Since it had been a long day, I stuck to a quick dinner that I knew would fill me up (plus I had all of the ingredients). I made 2 raw tacos with fresh guacamole (avocado, tomato, cilantro, serrano, lime & a pinch of sea salt). I also added some raw peanut butter mixed with ancho chili powder as a filling. I topped my tacos off with some alfalfa sprouts. I think I can safely say that I am taco'd out!

About a half hour later I ate 2 Hail Merry Blonde Macaroons. Then I started sipping on some oxykare water.

Just before bed I took the systemic enzymes. Yeah, I made it through my 28 day detox!

As for symptoms, I developed another headache this afternoon which lasted until I went to bed. My legs were still a bit itchy, but my BM was back to normal.

Stay tuned for my detox blog summary...


"A bird seems to be at the top of the scale, so vehement and intense his life. . . . The beautiful vagabonds, endowed with every grace, masters of all climes, and knowing no bounds -- how many human aspirations are realised in their free, holiday-lives -- and how many suggestions to the poet in their flight and song!"


~John Burroughs




No comments:

Post a Comment