Tuesday, April 30, 2013

the daily smoothie



Most days I drink a smoothie either for breakfast or lunch.  It takes less than 5 minutes to make and is especially perfect for the days when I am on the go.  This smoothie recipe is packed full of superfoods and will keep you going for hours - and it just happens to be a major bonus that it tastes super yummy, too!


ingredients

1 banana
1/2 a bag of frozen cherries or any other fruit of your choice
1 cup of raw coconut water either from a fresh young coconut or Harmless Harvest
1 tablespoon of spirulina
1 tablespoon of chia seeds 
1 tablespoon of mesquite powder
1 teaspoon of maca powder
1 teaspoon of bee pollen
1/4 teaspoon of 4 Eternals

Place all of the ingredients above in a vitamix and blend for 30 seconds.  Pour the smoothie into a glass, add a straw and indulge in this breakfast of champions.

Note - the recipe above is my basic smoothie recipe.  Some days I also add in a handful of goji berries or some fresh dandelion root.  When I'm taking my smoothie on the go, I usually forego the chia seeds, as they can cause the smoothie to become more like a pudding after sitting for hours in my lunch cooler.  





"Smoothies provide a powerful boost of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and other nutrients without bogging down your digestive system. Since you are eating natural, whole foods in the most optimum form for your digestibility and nutrient absorption, you will have more energy to get things done and enjoy your day."

~ Tracy Russell





No comments:

Post a Comment