Tuesday, March 19, 2013

fast day 2




Today I slept in until 9:30am.  One might think I would wake up feeling super hungry, but I was not hungry at all. I chugged some water, put a mask on my face, dry body brushed and then took a shower.  After my nice hot shower, I did my German homework, caught up with my blog and emails.

Then I was off to Studio 110 for a bang trim with the amazing, Nicole.  After my appointment, I headed over to CAA to coach some chamber music.  Then I picked up Andrew from work and went to German class at the Goethe-Institut.

After class I came home and did a White Light Cleansing - this was my third time doing this and each time it has had a profound effect on me.  I first heard about White Light from Jessica Ainscough's site.  Initially I had planned to blog out my White Light healing sessions, but I thought it might better just to let others have their own experience and not be influenced by mine.

After the meditative cleanse, I felt like I was in a trance and had absolutely no feeling of hunger.  I decided to take advantage of this and go to bed at 11pm.

In terms of side effects, I felt a bit cold this afternoon and then again during German class.  When I felt hungry, I just drank water, which seemed to lessen the hunger pangs.  I did not really have any cravings or thoughts about food until my German class - I imagined eating one of my buckwheat biscuits.  But as soon as the thought came into my head, it passed.  The hunger pangs seem to be getting closer together, but they are not overwhelming.  To my surpise, I had a lot of energy today as well as mental clarity. On the physical side, I lost 1.5lbs and 00.5% body fat - Andrew got us an Omron fat loss monitor a few years back.  I also made a decision that I would forego my regular exercise classes this week in order to keep up my strength and stamina for this fast.

So far these past two days of fasting went much smoother than I would have expected.  I know this smooth sailing period won't last much longer and I am bracing myself for what will come next...


“In fact, according to physicians, the functioning of the digestion depends less on the brain than on hormonal mechanisms and autoregulators. However, during a fast, the digestive system gets an increasing rest. About ten hours after a meal, the contractions stop and the feeling of hunger disappears; five or six hours later the glucose stops coming directly from the intestines and begins to produce itself from the reserve of glycogen contained in the liver. From then on, the body works on itself in a closed circuit, becoming itself the source of the energy it uses. Instead of destroying an appropriating to himself nourishment taken from outside, man enters a state of nonviolence and detachment relative to the outside world.” 

~ Adalbert De Vogue

No comments:

Post a Comment