Friday, January 11, 2013

new year, new intention




It will be very difficult to forget the year 2012, as it was a landmark year for change and new experiences!  In 2012 I went vegan and GMO free, ate my first persimmon, roasted my first chestnut, discovered clay and MSM, did my first detox, stopped using a microwave, started yoga, began meditating, had my first sailing lesson, attended a mind blowing cello institute, went to Utah, discovered many truly inspirational bloggers like Jess from The Wellness Warrior and really committed to taking care of myself (mind, body and spirit). And I have to say that I am truly grateful that Andrew supported me through all of this - hands down he wins the Best Husband of the Year award!

Of all the months in the year, I find January to be the most pregnant with hope - it is the month we all tend to get a bit sentimental, as we feel the possibility of change with the birth of a new year.  Many are making new year's resolutions and trying their best to make the most of this chance to wipe the slate clean and begin anew, and others are busy writing blog posts on the subject of "How to Make New Year's Resolutions Stick."  This year I decided to do away with resolutions altogether, as I believe they set us up for failure.  Instead of resolutions, I have decided to set daily intentions for myself, thus removing the pressure of thinking in terms of the whole year, which leaves us focusing on the future instead of the present where we effect change.  If I am present in each moment of each day, I allow myself to make conscious choices and actually have a chance at succeeding.

So that's my message for the year ahead of us.  Bid adieu to 2012, open a new chapter and begin creating the life you want to lead in 2013.  Here is an intention to get you started:

"My intention is to be present in this moment and keep my eyes open to all the offerings of this day."

Short, sweet and simple.  I try to set my intentions first thing in the morning and repeat them throughout the day as needed.  Feel free to share your intentions below.  

This IS going to be a Happy New Year!


"The present is the eternal. As each experience arises, live it out as fully and deeply as possible; think it out, feel it out extensively and profoundly; be aware of its pain and pleasure, of your judgments and identifications. Only when experience is completed is there a renewal. We must be capable of living the four seasons in a day; to be keenly aware, to experience, to understand and be free of the gatherings of each day."

~ J. Krishnamurti



No comments:

Post a Comment